The Mount Toby handbook records customs of the Meeting and decisions of monthly meeting for business. Its purpose is to help new people get acquainted with the Meeting, and to remind officers and committee members of what the Meeting has decided their duties should be.
The handbook committee process is to:
- make sure descriptions are up to date,
- ensure that new policies are included,
- find new items that might be helpful to include,
- tinker with the format to be as clear as possible,
- get the index and cross references properly in place.
Due to the expense of producing the paper version of the handbook it is out of date almost as soon as it is printed. We wait a year and a half before it is printed again. But the handbook is continually updated and the second document here shows the individual pages changed.